ICON Vehicle Dynamics tubular Delta Joint upper control arm kit for the 2015-UP GM Colorado/Canyon trucks. Weak OEM ball joints present problems by limiting suspension travel, especially when using our 2.5” VS Series performance coil-over shocks. Using 1” PTFE Lined Stainless Uniballs combined with our 17-4 Stainless Taper Pin Adapters increases the upper arms misalignment, allowing for smooth and clean wheel travel without worrying about factory ball joint bind. Unique to our engineering of this uniball UCA is the 2 stage bushing kit that comes standard for reducing deflection along with improving durability & road response. These arms not only add strength and durability, but also correct the alignment spec adding additional caster as well. Be sure to look at the many suspension accessories and suspension upgrades available that can be paired with the GM Colorado/Canyon uniball upper control arms.
- 1026 DOM Seamless Tubing
- CNC Bent Tubing
- CNC Machined Bushing Housings and Sleeves
- 4130 CNC Machined Uniball Cup
- 17-4 High Grade Stainless Steel Uniball Adapter Pin
- High Precision CNC Machined Pin Provides OEM Like Fitment
- Professionally Precision Welded
DELTA JOINT OVERVIEW:
This system features upper control arms with ICON's patent pending Delta Joint. The Delta Joint is a heavy-duty high angle ball joint that combines the durability of a ball joint with the performance characteristics of a traditional uniball. While the industry standard uniball does a great job of allowing the control arms of a vehicle to articulate with little bind, they do have an inherent weakness that leaves more to be desired when used in a daily driven application - exposure to the elements. The Delta Joint features a zinc plated housing providing the first layer of corrosion resistance, while a tough grease seal keeps potentially harmful elements out of the inner workings of the joint. Metal on metal construction and a greaseable design increase the longevity of the Delta Joint while at the same time allowing for noise-free operation. What makes the Delta Joint unique is that it brings the best of both worlds to ICON upper control arms with features that make it more robust than a uniball, and at the same time capable of greater angularity than a typical ball joint.
DELTA JOINT FEATURES:
- ICON upper control arms allow for additional wheel travel while improving suspension geometry for predictable handling
- Patent pending Delta Joint combines the durability and weather resistance of a ball joint with the performance characteristics of a uniball
- CNC machined 6061 billet aluminum upper control arms allow for on-vehicle camber and caster adjustment
- Direct bolt-in design makes for a simple and straightforward installation
SDHQ: Built for Adventure
Experience American-made excellence from SDHQ, your fellow off-road enthusiasts. We take pride in crafting high-quality, custom products right at our headquarters for unparalleled performance and durability.
Check out what 'SDHQ Built' means for us as well as our customers: