Anyone who’s ever worked on an aging vehicle knows how brittle plastic pieces in the engine bay become. But, the stock 2011–2014 F-150 expansion tank probably won’t last long enough for you to have to worry about aging plastic. If you’re like many 2011–2014 F-150 owners, you’ve already replaced your expansion tank a few times due to a leaking quick-disconnect fitting on the bottom of the tank.
Mishimoto’s solution? Start by making the tank out of stronger and more durable aluminum, then get rid of the quick-disconnect completely. Included with this Mishimoto expansion tank is a CNC-machined coupler and silicone hose. With minimal modification to the stock hose, this kit lets you remove the leak-prone quick-disconnect fitting and clamp on a reliable and lifetime-guaranteed silicone hose.
The Mishimoto 2011–2014 Ford F-150 expansion tank is available in either micro-wrinkle black or a natural finish, for easy customization through powder-coating, anodizing, or hydro-dipping*. Our expansion tank also utilizes an easy to read sight tube to make checking the coolant level quick and effortless. No more trying to shine a light through that yellowed plastic tank.
- Fits all 2011–2014 Ford F-150s (except 6.2L Raptor)*1
- Included CNC-machined coupler and silicone hose eliminate the stock leak-prone quick-disconnect
- 33% increase in capacity over stock tank
- 100% aluminum, fully welded construction for maximum durability during repeated temperature transitions
- Sight tube allows for fast and easy assessment of coolant level
- Internal baffles keep coolant near overflow port during aggressive driving, preventing air entry into coolant system
- Available natural finish makes customization easy through powder-coating, anodizing, or hydro-dipping*2
- Fits with stock expansion tank cap
- Available in a micro-wrinkle black powder coating or natural finish
- Patent Pending
SDHQ: Built for Adventure
Experience American-made excellence from SDHQ, your fellow off-road enthusiasts. We take pride in crafting high-quality, custom products right at our headquarters for unparalleled performance and durability.
Check out what 'SDHQ Built' means for us as well as our customers: