ICON Vehicle Dynamics V.S. Series 2.5” finned remote reservoir extended travel coilover shocks are an incredible upgrade for the front end of the 2005-Current Toyota Tacoma.
ICON’s Vehicle-specific valving provides a sport tuned feel on and off-road while offering lift height adjustability for use of larger, more aggressive wheel and tire combinations. ICON's larger 2.5” shock body and increased piston area over stock components provides improved damping ability and outstanding ride characteristics across varying types of terrain. Remote reservoirs ensure optimum performance by increasing the duration of consistent damping regardless of situation, keeping the shocks at a cooler operating temperature during heavy use.
- Adjustable ride height from 0" - 3.5"
- Race shock piston with flutter stack compression valving
- Kit Includes Sway bar relocation brackets
- Cad-plated threaded body / Extreme Weather Plating Option Available
- Billet aluminum upper mount
- 5/8" PTFE-lined spherical bearing
- 2.5" shock diameter to prevent overheating
- Chrome-silicon spring
- 250 PSI nitrogen-charged internal reservoir
- Made in the USA
- Nitro-steel shaft will not chip or rust like chrome shafts
- Factory Wheels & Tires Fitment: Yes
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: 8.5" wide wheel with 4.75" backspace
- Recommended Aftermarket Tires: 33" x 11.50" (Larger Tires May Fit but Fender Trimming and Modifications will be Required)
CDC VALVE FEATURES:
The ICON CDC Valve upgrade is included for those desiring an easy way to tune the ride externally with 10 adjustment settings from soft to hard. When paired with ICON rear 2.0 Aluminum Series or 2.5 Series shocks, vehicle control will be balanced front to rear resulting in the best overall driving experience for your vehicle.
- CDC Valve shocks are application specific tuned like all ICON shocks
- Internally calibrated per application based on motion ratio, shaft diameter, and vehicle weights
- 10 detented stops and large adjuster knob provide easy-to-feel adjustments
- Allows the end user to optimize vehicle's ride specific to his/her liking on all types of terrain
- Clearly engraved knob for direct reading of current setting
WHY DO I NEED FINNED RESERVOIRS?
Aside from improving the aesthetics of an existing ICON shock, these finned reservoir kits have functional advantages as well. A surface area increase of 115% provides improved heat dissipation and allows for the shocks to be pushed harder for a longer duration of time before experiencing a reduction in damping ability. This is especially important in ICON CDC Valve shocks, as heat is generated in the reservoir as well as the shock body. Another functional benefit to these new ICON finned reservoirs is dent resistance. In extremely rare cases a standard aluminum reservoir can be hit with rocks or debris and if dented, affect the function of the shock. The design of the ICON finned reservoir increases rigidity, while utilizing a slightly larger outside diameter allowing the fins to take the brunt of potential off-road damage without distorting the inner sealing surface.