Nitro Gear and Axle's complete gear kit is designed to improve performance and fuel economy for the 2007-2009 Toyota FJ Cruiser. These kits are designed to fit FJ Cruisers with and without OEM E-Lockers.
If you've fitted larger tires to your vehicle then you are likely experiencing a loss in performance, fuel economy, and more constant transmission gear “hunting" - This is because the larger tires reduce your engine's RPMs below the optimal power band. Re-gearing the differentials in your vehicle is the only way to get your vehicle back into its optimal operating RPM range, thus improving performance and reducing strain on your vehicle's drivetrain. This is especially important for today's vehicles as they feature tall factory gearing and overdrive transmissions which are less tolerant to increase in tire size or the weight of added accessories.
It's a common misconception that gear changes are reserved only to hardcore off-roaders or trucks with huge tires. However, re-gearing is one of the single most beneficial modifications you can make to keep the performance, economy, and durability of your daily-driven 4x4. This is a mod for anyone with larger tires, increased weight, or for increased performance on stock vehicles for towing or increased acceleration.
- 2007-2009 Toyota FJ Cruiser without OEM rear E-locker (All manual transmission models have OEM 3.90 ratio)
- 2007-2009 Toyota FJ Cruiser with OEM rear E-locker (All manual transmission models have OEM 3.90 ratio)
- Front Differential: Toyota 8" Rev. IFS Clamshell
- Rear Differential: Toyota 8"
- Gear Ratio: 4.30,4.10, 4.56 or 4.88, 5.29
- Manufactured in South Korea
- 8620 Steel Gear Forgings
- Precision Machining
- CNC Triple-lapping
- Heat Treatment
- Rockwell Hardness Tested
- Nitro front ring & pinion
- Nitro front Master Install Kit
- Nitro rear ring & pinion
- Nitro rear Master Install Kit
- Front solid pre-load spacer
- Rear solid pre-load spacer
- *4.30 & 5.29 Use Standard Thickness Front Gearset and are designed to fit the OEM 3.90+ Carrier, models equipped with 3.73 or down will require an ARB RD111.
- *4.10, 4.56, 4.88 Use “Thick” Front Gearset and are designed to fit the OEM 3.73Carrier, models equipped with 3.91+ will require an ARB RD121
SDHQ: Built for Adventure
Experience American-made excellence from SDHQ, your fellow off-road enthusiasts. We take pride in crafting high-quality, custom products right at our headquarters for unparalleled performance and durability.
Check out what 'SDHQ Built' means for us as well as our customers: