The Dirt King performance lower control arms for the 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma were developed to withstand off road abuse and not compromise the Toyota Tacoma's on road driving characteristics.
FITMENT: 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma 2WD / 4WD
- CAD designed
- Formed steel bushing gussets
- Internally ribbed with extrusions for weight reduction
- Preassembled for fast installation
- Grease fitting ports for easy servicing
- Zinc plated components for corrosion resistance
- Bump stop plating
- Limit strap tabbing
- Professionally MIG welded
- Proudly made in the USA
- Track Width: Stock
- Maximum Tire Size: 35”
- Maximum Backspacing: 4.75”
- Minimum Rim Size: 16”
- Compatible with factory sway bar: Yes
- Bump Stop Size: 2.0 x 2.0
- Coil Over Shock Size: OEM replacement coil overs
- Boxed plate lower control arms
- Delrin bushings
- Grease fittings
- 1” FK uniballs
- Brushed stainless steel logo plates
- 17-4 stainless steel misalignment spacers
- Grade 8 mounting hardware
- Zinc plated inner bushing sleeves
- Zinc plated bump stop spacers
- Durable black powder coat finish
The most vulnerable suspension component on the Tacoma's are the lower control arms. The Dirt King control arms have additional ground clearance and include 1/8" aluminum skid plates for added protection. If there's any major contact the internal ribbed design keeps the crucial parts intact so your not left stranded on the trail.
The outer pivots on the lower control arms utilize heavy duty Moog ball joints which are low maintenance and easily serviceable. Controlled side by side testing was done between Moog ball joints and the industry standard 1" uniball for the outer pivot. The result was better on road tracking with the Moog ball joints. Other benefits include a sealed housing to eliminate noise, longer life span, and readily available at auto part stores.
Delrin bushings were chosen for the inner pivots after weighing all the pro and cons between vulcanized rubber bushings, poly bushings, and uniballs. Here are some of their major flaws; vulcanized bushings restrict the amount of articulation, poly bushings are too soft for the amount of force on the lower control arms causing premature wear and noise, uniballs quickly become contaminated with dirt making them noisy and they're also expensive to replace.
SDHQ: Built for Adventure
Experience American-made excellence from SDHQ, your fellow off-road enthusiasts. We take pride in crafting high-quality, custom products right at our headquarters for unparalleled performance and durability.
Check out what 'SDHQ Built' means for us as well as our customers: